Over a foot of snow. Gusts in excess of 40mph. Temperature below zero with wind chill. Yes, this was my first blizzard, and i gotta say it was colder than a mu'fucker.

My housemates and I decided that we needed to go to war, so we went around our neighborhood, hiding outside their house, and then i would make a really horrible phone call about like this:

Michael: hi dave, it's michael. hey, i was walking around [completely out of my way in blizzard conditions] and i'm right by your house!

Dave: oh yeah?

Michael: yeah, you gotta come outside and check this out. There's some totally fucked up shit out here.

Dave: what is it?

Michael: you'll see. hurry up though

Ambush would ensue. For one person, we even dug a snow grave and put her in it. All victims would then get recruited for the next target. We ended up at christopher and kim's house, where they turned the awful wrath of the snow shovel on us and covered us all in snow. Then we all posed for pictures.

The fake cigarrette i'm sporting that looks more like a tampon was a completely goofy and spontaneous decision. I've been watching so many movies with smokers in them, i guess subconsciously i want to emulate them. In retrospect, I think i look like one part douchebag and one part evil european ski goon from a 70s james bond movie.

 

4 Responses to “I serve only the frozen throne”

  1. mar

    thanks again for the personalized snow grave! as christopher noted, my face eventually resembled a "frozen corpse" - of course, I did take a couple of snow shovels to the face at close range. snow days rule!


  2. Anonymous

    Are you on Flickr? We should be flickr friends. My email address is firstname.lastname@gmail.com

    Great way to have fun in the snow!


  3. Anonymous

    I mean, ahem, Netflix. Netflix, not Flickr. Although we could be flickr friends as well.


  4. La Mujer del Sol

    I don't know why Evan directed me to your blog -- clearly he was more bored today than usual. But after I cried laughing about badgers and vomited from your weak, pussy-like attempt to steer the clearly credible hipster claims away from you, I saw this post and it made my day. I'm so glad to know that the hat I knit for you so many years ago to make you look ridiculously stoo-pid is still doing the trick, and wonderfully so. Way to play in the snow, monkey douche bag.


Leave a Reply